Social media is the essential for various reasons to many people, companies, and company personals when it comes to traffic. This traffic is what converts to make for their followers. And more the followers, higher the chances are of a post or profile being popular. One such social media platform is twitter and there are many twitter junkies out in the world who would want more followers. I stumbled upon many of these follows accidently and noticed a pattern which will be beneficial for those looking to gain followers.
- Often we follow tweets and twitter profile of places and people we know. These often belong to an area. I appreciated this place once and people oriented to that place and other with similar interests followed me. It was surprising attention. Even people with the same location as me found me easily. People and companies bombarded me with offers and promotions but it was traffic, in the end, most of which followed me.
2. Mentions companies
- I often share posts on my twitter account. Once I mention a small local brand I really love and unexpectedly they followed me back and even shared my tweet with others as well. Soon they small fan following was starting to become my followers too. This can be a lesson that you can make genuine mentions of people and brands you appreciate. They will definitely appreciate you back for they too need your good words.
3. Mention people
- What are your fields of interest? And what people you know from that field. Giving a shout-out to some small time author of an online published work which gets recognized by them as well as their fan following. You also develop better relation with these people and follow them. Mention an article you read or the budding designer of your favorite brand. Such personalized posts are a part of being noticed for these people.
- While it often goes unnoticed when you reply to post and comments of big brands, it is a fun activity none-the-less and helps you to interact with new people. Companies do appreciate a worthwhile discussion; it is not what gets you followers. People you create deep conversations with go on to become your followers as you become theirs. Even people who read these conversations enjoy it and want to check out your profile. Their fan following diverts to you as well.
5. Talk over talk
- This one is a slow progress but progress for sure. Often when I follow some people and see their tweet chats, I dive into these conversations as well. Because not only they are fun and form new friends, they are also a great way to discuss irrelevant and deep things you may empathize with or care about. I got more follows this way because more people knew about me without me realizing it.
6. Scheduling posts
- It often happens that you head fills with a lot of things you want to share at one point. But bombing your own profile with many posts at once will create a jammed space of you post on you followers feed. No good comes out of it. I often scheduled my posts at one time to get distributed over the day, which made it easy for a variety of people to notice me and turn to me. I noticed this development in comparison to the times I posted only once a day or when I posted many posts all at once.
7. Guest post
- Doing a guest post is also an option for when you have these many followers and others want you followers for themselves, it is mutual benefit. It did it for talented people that could do with some noticing. For that, I was noticed too by these people’s well-wishers and friends.